Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Self-Acceptance Quotes

"Accept everything about yourself--I mean everything.  You are you and that is the beginning and the end--no apologies, no regrets." ~Clark Moustakas

"You are wholly complete and your success in life will be in direct proportion to your ability to accept this truth about you." ~Dr. Robert Anthony

"The greatest success, is successful self-acceptance." ~Ben Sweet

"We cannot change anything until we accept it.  Condemnation does not liberate it, it oppresses." ~Carl Jung

"Perhaps the most important thing we can undertake toward the reduction of fear is to make it easier for people to accept themselves, to like themselves." ~Bonaro Overstreet

"I care not so much what I am to others as what I am to myself.  I will be rich by myself, and not by borrowing." ~Michel de Montaigne

"Of all afflictions, the worst is self-contempt." ~Berthoki Auerbach

"Love your Self's self where it lives." ~Anne Sexton

"What a man thinks of himself, that is what determines, or rather indicates, his fate." ~Henry David Thoreau

"Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them." ~Albert Einstein

"Accept your genius and say what you think." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

"One must have the adventurous daring to accept oneself as a bundle of possibilities and undertake the most interesting game in the world, making the most of one's best." ~Harry Emerson Fosdick

"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself." ~Anna Quindlen

"He who seeks applause only from without has all his happiness in another's keeping." ~Oliver Goldsmith

"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight.  Never stop fighting." ~E.E. Cummings

"Every man stamps his value on himself... man is made great or small by his own will." ~J.C.F. vonSchiller

"Believing in our hearts that who we are is enough is the key to a more satisfying and balanced life." ~Ellen Sue Stern

"Nothing is a greater impediment to being on good terms with others than being ill at ease with yourself." ~Honore DeBalzae

"Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you." ~Carl Jung

"A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval."  ~Mark Twain

"I exist as I am; that is enough.  If no other in the world be aware, I sit content.  And if each and all be aware, I sit content." ~Walt Whitman

"It's not the eyes of others that I am wary of, but my own." ~Noel Coward

"Nobody can be exactly like me.  Sometimes even I have trouble doing it." ~Tallulah Bankhead

"The fruit of self-understanding is self-acceptance. The fruit of self-acceptance is self-love.  The fruit of self-love is love for the world.  The fruit of love for the world is service to the world.  The fruit of service to the world is peace." ~Russell Rowe

"We must not allow other people's limited perceptions to define us." ~Virginia Satir

"If you must love your neighbor as yourself, it is at least as fair to love yourself as your neighbor." ~Nicolas de Chantort

All aspects of yourself are serving your soul journey.  Yes, ALL!  Be kind and gentle to yourself.  The irony of self-acceptance is the parts that you dislike the most will have less prominence in your life. ~Denna J. Shelton

                                                           Denna J. Shelton,  Copyright 2010

















1 comment:

  1. So Much Love,I Can't get Enough, So Much Love,You Fill Me Up,You Lift Me Up On Wings Of Love.

    ReplyDelete